Sunday, January 11, 2015

For all of you out there that are stealing the grapes!

People.  I think there's a good chance that some of you have resorted to opening the cinnamon (why is that word so hard to spell?) rolls and tasting them at the grocery store... you know, to make sure they taste okay before buying them.
Right?  Wait... you mean, people don't do that?  Of course they don't, because that would just be nuts!  But you know what people do do!?!?!  Apparently there is a whole cult of people who STEAL TASTE THE GRAPES!

Let me back up a minute.  One of my 2nd period students asked me if I'd ever stolen anything.  (Don't worry, it was a relevant question.  We were talking about misdemeanors and felonies in the criminal law unit.)  Anyways, this resulted in a follow up question: "Mrs. Morgan, you mean to tell me you've never opened up the grapes and ate one without buying them?"

Seriously?  I can honestly say that not only have I never done that, the thought has never even occurred to me to do it.  I really just thought my kids were pulling my leg because they all agreed that everyone eats a grape before deciding whether or not to buy them.

So, I did the obvious thing.  I asked my next period kids... and you know what?  THEY are stealing grapes too!

I AM IN ABSOLUTE SHOCK OVER HERE.  I have never heard of this.  I had no idea.

It seems to me that we would open the bread to taste it before buying it too.  Hey, why should we stop there?  Open up the chips or sodas or fruit-roll-ups for goodness sake!

After further investigation, it seems that even some of my adult friends taste the grapes!  How have I missed this??  Do y'all do this??

I feel like someone owes me a lot of grapes.  And now, I'll be extra diligent when I rinse them.

P.S.  If you do taste the grapes, please don't resort to tasting the cinnamon rolls.  Now that is just gross.
laura ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...