Monday, April 6, 2015

Floating Shelves Please :)

So, thanks to Pinterest, I finally decided what I wanted to put on the left side of our fireplace.  You may remember that previously, it was just a blank wall.  So sad and pitiful.


Something obviously needed to go there, but I just couldn't decide what!  So, after nearly 2 years of living here, I did what smart women do (ha!), I went to Pinterest.  I found this picture and blog post, and I loved it!
From the Shanty-2-Chic blog

So I announced my decision to Parker, and he was like (-_-).

Just kidding.  

He was like, "Ok!  I'll see what I can do."  So, he looked at the plans, we made a list, and headed to Lowes.  (Can I just say that I have an awesome husband?  I can't believe he just goes along with my whims and makes my ideas come to life!  How did I get so lucky?)

<Insert funny side story>
When we got to Lowes, we ran into a family friend that works there.  He asked what we were up to and we showed him our plans for the shelves.  He was all, "Oh yeah, floating shelves.  That looks nice.  Let me show you where the molding is so you can add to it." I shook my head and was like, "Um, no, that's okay, we're not really going for the molding look," and then he preceded to explain to us that the shelves looked cheap and we definitely wanted to having molding on them.  Ha!  So I thanked him for telling us our soon-to-be shelves looked cheap, but assured him we, in fact, did not want molding... but if we ever changed our mind, it wouldn't be hard to add down the road."  Then, Parker really was like (-_-).  Hahaha!


So anyway, we bought the supplies and Parker and his brother cut up the wood.  When everything was cut and ready, he put the shelves together and I stained them.




VoilĂ !

I added some knickknacks that I'm sure I'll change 5 million more times before I'm happy... but I love the shelves!  Parker did a great job as usual!

Thanks babe!

PS.  This is counting towards my 52 crafts in a year!  (I'm on craft #10!)
laura ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...