Saturday, April 4, 2015

March: In like a lion and... out like a lion??

Y'all.

March was something else.

We started the month with Ava Kate getting over RSV, which followed with her getting an GINORMOUS blister on her big toe from the way she army-crawled everywhere.  Let's just say, she was a bit fussy for a few days unless she was being held.  Poor thing.


The blister was followed with her having pink eye.  It was awful.  I think I washed my hands more that weekend than I did the entire month before combined.      She was pitiful.


Just so you know, when your child has pink eye, your house becomes a sanitizing hotspot.  I joked with my sister-in-law, Candice, that I wished you could get a sanitizing bag like the ones for bottles & pump parts that was big enough to put the entire house in.


Despite the extensive hand washing, I came down with a sore throat and fever virus the next week (although neither Parker nor I got the pink eye, thank goodness)!  I ended up having to leave work because of a 102 degree fever and feeling generally awful.  I had a beautiful view from the bed for a day or so.



Then, the following weekend, I became Super Woman and deep cleaned my house, made baby shower decorations, decorated, and made food for Candice's baby shower... all while taking care of Ava Kate by myself since Parker was chaperoning a youth retreat all weekend.  In writing it doesn't sound all that intense... but trust me... Super Woman is an appropriate name for all I did that weekend.  A post on her shower is coming soon! :)



Then, Parker was sick for about a week with a sore throat and throwing up... and then all of us took turns with major allergy issues.  Yay.  -_-

Toss in doing usual chores and lesson plans/grading for my classes and my BFF at school while she was on maternity leave... and well, that was March.  Hence the 3 lonely blog posts for an entire month.


#ohwell  #welcomeApril



laura ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...