Monday, December 19, 2016

Eve's Four Months Old!


I can't believe we're already a third of the way through her first year!  Time slow down!  I just adore this sweet little one!

Weight & Height: 13 lbs 14 oz and 24" long.... 49 percentile for weight, which is AWESOME considering she was at the 17th at 2 months.  Praise! :)

Clothes & Diapers:  She's still wearing size 1 diapers, although she technically could wear size 2.  We have one more case of size 1s that I'd like to get some use out of before opening our size 2s.  She wears 3-6 month, or even 6-9 month outfits.  She's so long that many of her 3-6 month footed PJs are too little, so that's interesting considering our weight gain struggles!  I need to pack away her NB stuff still, but the holidays have put a hold on that. :)  Plus, I just hate packing away those sweet little outfits.

Eating & Sleeping: Eve is still on the 5 oz bottles every 4 hours and eats at 7, 11, 3, 7, and 10 and sleeps until about 6:45 most mornings.  I'm still only nursing for the first feeding and pumping/bottle feeding the rest.  I will say that every now and then I'll nurse her in the evenings if we're going to be out and about because it's just SO much more convenient.  I still despise pumping and washing bottles... but I love seeing her grow!

Mood:  Precious.  She is just so precious and sweet.  She's started smiling and giggling more, and when she gets really excited she "talks" or babbles.  If she isn't happy though, the whole neighborhood knows because the girl is LOUD.  Holy smokes.

Likes: Watching Ava Kate play, singing songs, rolling around on the floor, standing/sitting up like a big girl, reading books with mommy & Ava Kate, snuggling, eating, snuggling her blanket against her cheek, her paci (oh, how I wish she'd suck her thumb!)

Dislikes: Sweet girl is still not a fan of baths, BUT she is getting better about them.  She'll only scream at the beginning for just a minute.... then she's just on edge the whole time, haha.  She also hates when she rolls onto her tummy and can't roll back over if she gets stuck.

Milestones:  First Thanksgiving, first visit with Santa Clause (Dec. 3), First long, hard laughing session (Dec 16), rolls over quite well now, sitting up with help/holding her head up on her own with much more consistency

Sentimental Things Mommy Wants to Remember: I love her sweet little snuggles or when she falls asleep in my arms, her sweet little smile and big blue eyes, how her and Ava Kate look and giggle at each other

Eve's Weight Gain Journey: If I eat another lactation cookie I will throw it up.  They are good... in moderation.  But ugh.  I've just been taking Fenugreek and that's giving me enough milk for each day... but still not enough to freeze and I've had to dip into the tiny stash I had from early on a few times on Sundays this month because of crazy schedules and just being able to pump enough in between events (church, family reunions, Christmas celebrations, etc.)  So please pray that I can get my supply up enough to at least freeze a little every few days!

Ava Kate at 4 months vs. Eve at 4 months
Eve is definitely longer, but both have chunky legs!  Ava Kate's face was a little rounder, too. :)

laura ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...