Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Our Wedding - Favorite Details

I guess it's about time to tell you about all the details I loved about our wedding.  Let's pretend that it hasn't been almost a year :) haha!

I loved that the weather was gorgeous, although it was a bit warm.  Our church was beautiful and full of our closest friends and family.

My bouquet had 8 white roses - one for each year that we dated, and was wrapped in ribbon that was on my Mom's bridal bouquet.  I wanted to wear her veil, but it wasn't as white as my dress.  Instead, I wore her pearls, her garter, and used her bouquet ribbon.

The pearls were old, the veil was new, the hair piece was borrowed from Candice, the garter was blue, and a six pence was taped in my shoe (and still is haha).

I also loved the guestbook that we pull out from time to time to look at.  Definitely worth the $5 or so it cost to ship it!



For the cake knives, we used one from Parker's parents' wedding and one from my parents' wedding.  They were mixed matched, but it went with the theme.  Also, you can kind of see our "country wine glasses," which we used to toast.  :)

Other details:




Those letters now hang above our bed.  And the pictures below of our parents and grandparents are on our living room wall.


  3 of the hundreds (literally) mason jars...

I also loved that we had fried chicken with green beans, boiled potatoes, bread, and sweet tea!  It was delicious and we still get compliments on the food!


Those are only some of the details that we had and loved.  Tomorrow I'll do a review on our "vendors" for all of you soon-to-be-brides.
laura ann

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog! I still love to go back and "relive" our wedding :-D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...