Saturday, June 23, 2012

Strawberry Orange Sorbet

On our honeymoon, we had lots and lots of sorbet.  We ordered it at almost every meal because we loved it so much.  Not long ago, I found a pin on Pinterest for strawberry orange sorbet. 

Unfortunately, it called for an ice cream maker, which we do not have.  So today, I decided to improvise.

Ingredients:
4 cups of strawberries
1 cup of fresh orange juice and zest
1 cup of water
1/2 a cup of sugar

My Recipe
First, I cleaned the strawberries and cut the stems. 


Then, I boiled the orange juice, water, and sugar until the sugar was melted.  Then I added the cut strawberries and boiled for about 8 minutes.

After it boiled, I poured the mixture in the blender and let it cool.  When it had cooled some, I blended it and then poured it into a pan.

I put it in the fridge to cool some before freezing.  I don't have a good reason for that, it just seemed like a good idea at the time.  :)

After its been freezing for about an hour, take it out and run a fork through it to make it more like shaved ice.

It kind of looks like raw beef in the picture above, but let me tell you what - it is DELICIOUS!  Definitely try it out!

I should add that when you scoop it out with a spoon, it looks just like the first picture at the top! :)
laura ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...