Friday, January 23, 2015

Annual MLK Beach Weekend

Remember last week, when I posted the long list of stuff to pack for AK?  Well, that was for a trip to the beach with some of our great friends!  Parker & I are so blessed to have become friends with some wonderful people through our Sunday School class!  This year, we decided to start an annual trip to the beach with a group of current and past members of the class since many of us have moved away in the last two years to be closer to family or for new jobs.  We left work on Friday and headed out to Kill Devil Hills.  Ava Kate was excited too!

We stayed at our friend Christie's uncle's house, which was right on the beach!  TWELVE bedrooms and ELEVEN bathrooms y'all.  It was perfect!

It was an awesome weekend catching up with everyone!  Each couple brought a meal and/or snacks, and let me tell you, we ate A LOT.  The food was delicious and I'm pretty sure Parker & I put on about 10 pounds each.

One of the best parts was seeing our dear friends Casey & Ryan.  They moved back home to Tennessee about 3 years ago and we have missed them SO much!  They recently added sweet little Millie to their family and we were so excited to meet her!

On Saturday, we all piled into 3 vehicles and drove on the beach looking for wild horses.  It was pretty chilly, but we found the horses!  They walked right by us!

Ava Kate was clearly excited about the horses! :)
  
After riding on the beach, we went to see the lighthouse.  Sadly, it was closed for the season, but we still got to walk around it.


Even though I've lived in NC my entire life, I've never actually been to a lighthouse.  I know, it's a shame.  I really loved it and can't wait to go to another one!



Of course we had to get a family selfie at the lighthouse.  :)

After our gallivanting, these sweet babies passed right out in the truck.  I was nestled in between the two of them... how can one person be surrounded by so much cuteness?


Sunday was a pretty chill day.  The girls hung out and watched movies, while the guys played cards.  Parker, Ava Kate, and I took a family nap in the afternoon and everyone played some board games later.  The beach was gorgeous.

Family seflie on the deck after nap time :)

It was a wonderful weekend!  We can't wait for next year!  Did I mention that we have the best friends?

The 7 couples & 2 nursing babies (no kids allowed) ;-)

laura ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...