Friday, April 10, 2015

National Sibling Day

Apparently today is National Sibling Day!  While I have some wonderful siblings by marriage and some sweet sister-friends that I've practically grown up with... I only have one true sibling, my brother, Weston.

For those of you who've been reading my blog from the beginning know all about Weston ruining making us laugh in family pictures or saying his "Weston-isms"...




This trait really hasn't changed in the last 15 years as you can see...

You might also remember when he had us freaking out during his first 2 week hospital stay because of pancreatitis before we knew he had Auto-Immune Pancreatitis.

Weston is one of my favorite people in this world and for good reasons.

First, he was absolutely the cutest kid ever when he was little.


I'm pretty sure Weston doesn't remember our family life before Parker... I think he was 4 when we started dating.


And the boy loves the water.  He loved it then and he loves it now.

Reason #2 is that he loves our family.  Our family has been through A LOT and Weston went through more in his first 10 years of life than most people go through in their entire life as he watched our mom battle cancer and die when he was 13.  He gets family more than most teenagers do and for that, I love him all the more.


As we were growing up, he came to watch me cheer more than he'd like to admit probably, because he was too young to stay at home by himself.  However, one of my favorite things to do was to go to his games - basketball and baseball.  I'm so excited that he's finally old enough to play church league softball with Parker and come out of his "retirement" from baseball as he likes to say.  (He stopped playing after mom died).




I also adore him because he loves Carolina as much as I do.  He's hilarious and witty.  He's kind and helpful.  He's so much like my mom it's kind of odd sometimes!  He's becoming an awesome young man and I am so, so proud of him!

Most sisters don't get to be the adult in the car when their brother's learning how to drive... or get to be a teacher at their brother's school (I almost taught him... he was assigned to my Civics class, but I got him switched to a different Civics teacher... for his and my sake, haha!).  Most 12 year olds probably don't have a brother-in-law... or become an uncle before they can drive.


I can always count on him to pick me up (literally and figuratively), come take family pics of us, bring me some caffeine, or be my date to a Carolina game... even if he won't pose for a picture b/c he's too busy watching the team play.



Thanks brother for being my little bud and one of my closest friends!

And as this scrapbook page puts it, brothers really are the best!  Love you! :)


laura ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...