Friday, April 24, 2015

Prom Throwbacks

In honor of tonight's prom for SCHS (that thankfully, I do not have to chaperone since I'm doing graduation...) I thought I'd post a couple prom throwbacks from our high school days.  Since Parker was two grades ahead of me, I went to prom four years.  We went to his junior and senior proms when I was a freshman and sophomore, and then we went to my junior and senior proms.

I flipped through my scrapbooks to get a few of my favorites pictures of us decked out in our prom attire... but I couldn't get just one from each year, so bear with me.  Here are my favorites from my freshman and sophomore years.


Sophomore year was the year of the periwinkle vest.  It was our first fight... and really, our only major fight that involved yelling and tears.  Parker was determined to wear a periwinkle vest, but my blue dress clashed with periwinkle and I was terribly upset by this.  Clearly, we survived.  Ha.


I just love all of my dresses and we had the best time at all of our proms.  My favorite was probably junior year.  I co-chaired the prom committee and our theme was "Welcome to Hollywood."  Even now, as a teacher, I do enjoy dressing up and seeing my students... but after putting on Sadie Hawkins in October... I get my feels for the year. Haha!

And, let me just say that I think Parker is as handsome now as he was then!!  :)

laura ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...