Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Ava Kate's Schedule - 3 months to ??


I realized that it's been a while since I did a post on Ava Kate's schedule, although I have mentioned it in her monthly birthday posts.  We transitioned to the last schedule at about 6 weeks and that continued to about 3 months.  She started sleeping through the night around 8 weeks old and once she had that down pat, we started feeding her more per bottle and spreading out her feedings.

She's been on her current schedule for several months, and she is still doing well with it.  I had planned to spread the feedings apart a bit more by now, but it's working pretty well.

At some point in the last 3 months, she's started eating 5 oz bottles and I estimate that she's getting between 5-6 oz when she nurses.  I'm pretty certain she gets at least 6 oz first thing in the morning, and probably closer to 5 oz in the evening and before bed.

Here is what our current schedule looks like:

6:00 am - I will get up and get ready

6:30 am - I wake Ava Kate and she nurses for 15 minutes on each side and she sits in the bouncy seat/high chair while Parker & I fix breakfast and eat (at about 6 months, she eats solids at breakfast with us)

7:30 am - I leave to go to work and drop Ava Kate off at Tabitha's and she usually goes to sleep for her morning nap around 8 am.

10:30 am - She eats (5 oz bottle), plays until about noon (sing, jungle gym, bouncy chair, books, "talk," tummy time), and goes down for an afternoon nap

2:00 pm - She eats (5 oz bottle) and plays the rest of the afternoon.  Sometimes, she takes a catnap about 3/3:30 if she's cranky.

5:00 pm - I pick her up from Tabitha's and bring her home.  I usually get dinner started and play with her for a bit and then nurse her (15 minutes on each side).  At about 6 months, she eats solids as "dessert" while we eat dinner.  She plays while we clean up dinner, wash bottles, freeze milk, and pack lunches, and then if it's bath night, she takes a bath.  We read a book or two together as a family most nights and then around 7:00, she goes down for an evening nap.

9:30 pm - Parker puts her PJs on and changes her diaper while I pack her diaper bag and get ready for bed.  Then, I nurse her for 15 minutes on each side and put her in her crib for the night.  She zonks right out and sleeps until I wake her at 6:30 the next morning.

laura ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...